Dental care professionals usually suggest opting for root canals in case you are suffering from a completely damaged tooth. These procedures could also protect your teeth from possible extractions. However, most people are afraid of such treatments due to root canal pain. But continuous advancements in the field of dentistry have made these procedures completely painless. Our dentists at Restoration Smiles have provided all the details about a root canal treatment in this blog.
What Is A Root Canal?
To begin with, we must first have a good understanding of root canals. A root canal procedure is a type of endodontic surgery that helps to remove the infected pulp from your teeth. To prevent the infection from spreading further, your dentist in Tomball will carefully clean the affected area and disinfect it. Root canal therapy can prevent further tooth decay and provide immediate relief. It is usually done in an hour and will not require more than a single visit to the dental office.
What Are The Signs That Show That You Need To Go For A Root Canal Treatment?
You may not notice any signs of a root canal in the early stages. As the condition advances and worsens, you may notice some of the following indications.
- Your tooth is in a lot of discomforts
- Your gums are swollen to the point of being very painful
- A constant burning sensation in your oral cavity
How Long Does A Root Canal Take?
A root canal procedure normally takes between thirty to sixty minutes. Complicated situations can take up to 90 minutes to resolve. These regular procedures take very little time and usually only require two visits to your Tomball dentist.
What Are The Advantages Of Getting A Root Canal Procedure?
Root canal treatments include a number of oral health advantages and can help to enhance the condition of your teeth and gums in the long run. Your favorite dentist in Tomball has listed a few of the benefits below.
- Root canal treatments are pain-free. Thanks to sedation dentistry services, it has been possible to minimize all sorts of discomfort and provide you with a comfortable treatment experience.
- Stops further spread of the disease and protect you from other oral health complications.
- Saves your natural teeth and prevents extractions
- Improves your dental hygiene and ensures that you enjoy good oral health
- Gives the best results keeping your dental condition in mind
- No need for follow-up visits with your dentist in Tomball.
- This treatment is very affordable and can improve your quality of life as well.
Cost Of Root Canal Procedures
The cost of a root canal treatment is generally determined by the type of tooth being treated. On a single-rooted tooth, the cost of these surgeries ranges from $400 to $1,200. The cost of a multi-rooted tooth often ranges from $500 to $1,400. Are you looking for an exact price? Get in touch with the best Tomball dentist and opt for our root canal treatments today!
We hope this blog has helped you to understand everything you needed to know about root canals. Book an appointment with us at Restoration Smiles if you are looking for the best root canal procedures in Tomball, TX.